Buffalo Pound Lake
Our Resort Manager is responsible for the direct oversight and management of our Buffalo Pound Lake location. Being an ambassador of the brand, and the heart of our community, this is a full-time position that requires to be available on weekends during the camping season. The major areas of responsibilities include: maintaining the annual condo corporation operating budget, personnel management, resident relations, retailer relations, community enhancement, facilities and ground maintenance, and other related property management duties.
What’s in it for you:
- A career opportunity with a family investment company that is on the leading edge of their industry
- A chance to learn, and work in a unique and growing market, unlike any other
- Enjoy the perks of going to work each day in a beautiful resort community
What people say about you:
You are a natural leader, who thrives on creating community in the workplace. You have high-standards for customer service, and believe that there is a solution for every problem. You have an interest in the financials of a business, and a keen eye for detail.
What you bring to the table:
You have management experience in the hospitality, hotel industry or related experiences. You have excellent interpersonal skills, and can communicate with people at all levels. You are proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook. You understand the financials of a business, and have success in creating and managing budgets.
You thrive on change, problem-solving, and love to be challenged.
What you will be doing:
- Deliver exceptional customer service
- Build solid brand recognition for the property based on delivery of service
- Ensure that all guests receive the property onboarding packages and a seamless entry into the resort.
- Oversee all customer’s site development and ensure that all work completed has a development / building permit from the municipality and is within the defined architecture guidelines of the resort.
- Ensure a safe and enjoyable environment for guests
- Saturday “walk the property” site visits with guests
- Ensure customer complaints are dealt with quickly and in person
- Work with functional areas including (OH&S, Finance, IT, etc.)
- Develop/mentor summer students
- Build an effective team around the resort staff (Repairs & Maintenance, Admin, etc.)
- Ensure all staff members understand resort goals, standards and policies and comply with company policies and procedures
- Keep up to date personell files
- Ensure staff have proper training to do their role effectively
- Schedule and monitor shift-coverage based on business and resort needs
- Promote a business environment that is customer friendly
- Be a positive role model for guests & staff while leading by example in a team-based work environment
- Execute on all grounds keeping and maintenance tasks (mowing, whipper snipping, flower planting, road maintenance, firewood processing etc) with support from your staff.
- Ensure washrooms are cleaned and maintained on a regular basis directly or with support of staff.
- Evaluate operations and facilities to find efficiencies to enhance the quality of the resort
- Hire and train summer staff who will enhance the quality of the resort and be a part of your operational team
- Support management by upholding company policies and procedures
- Maintain an up to date record of current customers in the CRM, while passing any sales leads to the sales team.
- Become a “Pool Certified Operator” and oversee the proper maintenance of the resort pool.
- Promote and maintain a positive working relationship with all resort business partners
- Bring creative ideas to management on how to enhance resort experiences.
- Coding of invoices, expense claims, petty cash
- Ensure all financial transactions are properly recorded and tracked
- Ensure employee timekeeping and payroll activities are properly executed, with Jobber tool.
- Work with management to follow up with customers who have outstanding invoices
- Ensure information/reports provided to management are timely, accurate and on-target
- Create, plan and host various events throughout the season inside and outside the campground to drive customer engagement and retention.
- Historical events ranged from Halloween on Sept Long, a golf tournament in July with complimentary burgers / salads back at the resort afterwards, CFL Football nights, Family movie nights, pancake breakfasts and horseshoe / boccie ball tournaments throughout the weekends to create community engagement.
Health and Safety
- Ensure all resort activities are conducted in a safe and environmentally responsible manner
- Resort facilities and processes follow Provincial Health and Safety guidelines
- Ensure that all resort facilities are organized and maintained in safe condition
- Equipment and tools are meticulously maintained and organized.
- Immediately notify management when resort operations are unsafe and/or beyond normal repair
- Ensure all employees are aware of the resort’s safety procedures and are proficient in the use of its safety equipment
First Year Deliverables / Measures of Success:
- Drive organizational profitability exceeding 90% of budgeted forecasts.
- Customer Satisfaction survey of: Google Reviews 4.5 Starts, Facebook Reviews 4.5 Starts, Net Promoter Score greater than 80 across all measurable divisions, through surveys collected by our RV guests (through Zoho Survey).
- Have an annual customer retention rate greater than 90%.
Please apply by emailing your cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org